1. A farmer needs to cross the river with his chicken, a sack of corn and a fox. His boat unfortunately can only fit himself and one other thing. The fox and chicken are hungry, so if he leaves the fox with the chicken, the chicken will get eaten, but if he leaves the chicken with the corn, the corn will get eaten. How will the man get safely across with all 3?
2. An apple costs 40 cents, a banana costs 60 cents and a grapefruit costs 80 cents. How much does a pear cost?
3. Tracy’s mother had 4 children. The first child was named April, the second was named May, the third of June. What was the 4th child called?
4. As a Christmas gift, parents buy 16 computer games for their 3 children (that’s just asking for trouble)! The youngest gets 1/8 of the games, the middle child gets 1/4 of the games and the oldest gets 1/2 of the games (seems fair…)”
How many games does each child receive and how many do the parents keep?
5. Two mums and two daughters went out for Christmas dinner each ate one portion, yet only three portions were eaten in total. How is this possible?